Version 1, 4th February, 2015
This Privacy Statement together with our Terms & Conditions of use set out how Science Gallery International (“we”, “us”) gathers and uses personal data.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
By using the services we provide, you confirm that you accept this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with, or you are not comfortable with, any aspect of the Privacy Statement, you should not use the services we provide. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We will make sure any changes are made visible. If you continue to use the Website, you are indicating that you accept all changes.
Our goal is to be clear about the information that we have access to while also reassuring our users that maintaining the integrity of their personal and organisation data is of critical importance to us. As such, in the event of any ambiguity, any questions you may have about this privacy statement, or our role as service provider and administrator can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. USING OUR WEBSITE
Information we collect
When you visit and browse our website or websites we administer on behalf the Global Science Gallery Network (‘our websites’) we may collect two different types of information about you:
- Information You Provide to Us — To access certain services provided through our websites, and to request certain information about Science Gallery directly from us through our websites, you may be required to provide personal data such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number. You can choose not to provide this information. However, if you do not provide this information you might not be able to gain access to our information and services.
Information we collect is shared with all members of the Global Science Gallery Network for the specific purposes outlined below.
Third party websites
We may, from time-to-time, provide links to third party websites. In addition, third party websites may also provide links our Websites. If you visit these third party websites, you should review their privacy and cookies policies to ensure you understand, and are comfortable with, their practices concerning your personal data. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and information protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such site is linked on or to the Website). Links to third party websites are provided only for your convenience, and you access them at your own risk. Please review the third party policies before you browse their websites or submit any personal data to these websites.
How we use your information
We will not sell your personal data to a third party. We use information about you only in accordance with the purpose for which you provided the information, and any reasonably incidental purpose, in the following ways:
- To allow you to submit ideas to Open Calls from Global Science Gallery Network and to support individual Science Gallery teams in the creation of current and future programmes
- To track and reward your engagement with Science Gallery
- To help us optimise further activities through insights from this data
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you are using to access it
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us and further information which we feel may interest you, if you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To conduct marketing analysis
- For administration purposes, and with your permission for marketing purposes
3. USING OTHER SYSTEMS
We may also collect data about you now and in the future through other systems which may be linked for one singular view of your engagement, such as
- Retail and ticketing platforms
- Loyalty platforms
- Social media platforms
4. SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. Data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure. We cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you transfer the data at your own risk.
We do our best to use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the confidentiality of your personal data, to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of such personal data, and to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access, and to otherwise protect the security of such personal data.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- Many of our services are encrypted using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing best practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will also disclose your personal data if we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so to comply with any applicable law, summons, search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process.
We may provide information which does not contain personal data to third parties, and combine the information with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties about the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of users of our website, or the activities that visitors engage in while on our website. We may provide this information to our website design, development, and hosting contractors.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Your personal data will not be processed, except with your permission, or publicised on our Website, or for marketing any third parties, goods or services. We may review or ask third parties to confidentially review aggregate statistical information about our website visitors to enable us to tailor our Website content to visitor interest. However, we do not sell or exchange or provide such data to third parties for their own use. We will inform you if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us using the contact details below.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this, which will not exceed €6.35. You have the right to access your personal data and have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data, and the right to block any specific uses of your personal data, by contacting us using the contact details below. It is your responsibility to confirm that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up to date.
8. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post them on the Website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether we use your information in the new manner.
9. COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Statement. We also adhere to several self regulatory frameworks. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
10. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. We will post any Privacy Statement changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy Statement changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy Statement in an archive for your review.