Engagement Services are part of Science Gallery London and King’s Research Management and Innovation Directorate. Our overall goal is to support researchers develop their own high-quality, high-impact engagement practice through working in partnership with Science Gallery and its network of specialists from across the worlds of art, science, technology and communications. We offer public engagement support in two main ways:
- Free consultation - We offer free consultation on public engagement aspects of research grant applications.
- Partnership - By partnering on your research grant application we can provide the expertise, resources or extra pair of hands you need to develop, deliver and evaluate an embedded programme of engagement activities. We offer a simple menu of support options which you may or may not choose to build into your research grant application.
WHO WE WORK WITH
Researchers from all faculties
We explore topical issues in science, healthcare, society and culture and aim to answer the big questions that matter to everyone. Involving and bringing together staff and students from across the arts, humanities and sciences is therefore central to what we do.
Researchers interested in engaging a range of audiences
Science Gallery London’s themed seasons are aimed at young people aged 15-25 years and the local community (London Bridge, Southwark and Lambeth). However if you want to engage a different audience we would still like to hear from you, and can still offer you support in terms of consultation and partnership.
OTHER WAYS WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
- Events for staff & students – We offer a range of bespoke activities and events tailored to your departmental symposium, conference or training day. Ranging from hands-on making to live performances, our activities encourage participation, facilitate networking, and add a pinch of Science Gallery fun to your event.
- Surgeries – We offer targeted training surgeries covering a range of public engagement topics, as well as ‘Open Call Surgeries’ for departments interested in collaborating on one of our themed seasons.
- Presentations – Keeping members of your team up-to-date with the latest developments at Science Gallery London, and promoting the range of opportunities for staff to get involved.
- King’s Engaged Researcher Network – Fostering and celebrating engaged research practice at King’s, with a monthly newsletter and twitter feed (@KingsEngages).
GET IN TOUCH
To book a consultation on your research grant application please complete this short service request form. To find out more or discuss various offerings please get in touch.
For consultations we recommend you get in touch with us as early as possible in the grant application process, and at least two months before the deadline. We may not be able to support projects seeking consultation within one month of the grant deadline.