We are currently recruiting for:
- We are seeking a creative, motivated and highly organised Head of Programming maternity cover to lead the delivery of Science Gallery London’s programming seasons.
- The role is a 12 month fixed term contract maternity cover starting late August/early September 2018.
- The successful candidate will be a confident team player with proven ability to build friendly and productive relationships and demonstrable experience of planning, commissioning and producing successful exhibitions, performances or other public engagement events and activities.
- For full details and to apply for this role, please go to the King’s College recruitment site here.
- Application closing date: 24 June 2018.
Science Gallery London Cafe and Corporate Hire teams are also now recruiting, providing lots of opportunities to become part of the Science Gallery London team as we launch this autumn.
For full details on the following job roles and to apply please click on the job titles. The application deadline for all the below job roles 1 July 2018.
- We are looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef to manage the food operation at Science Gallery London. Reporting into the Chef Patron and Head Chef the role will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the kitchens, the daily production of hospitality food and front of house operations. This is a hands-on role and ideally you will have experience at a similar level and above all else have the drive to deliver excellence of service.
CHEF DE PARTIE x 2
- This a fantastic opportunity for two experienced Chef de Parties to join our busy team. Reporting into the Chef Patron and Sous Chef the role will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the kitchen operations focusing on quality and consistency.
- We are recruiting for a Commis Chef to join the Science Gallery London kitchen. Reporting into the Head Chef, the successful candidate will have a passion for great quality fresh food and be able to work to a high standard with great attention to detail.
- We are looking to recruit an experienced catering professional to manage the hospitality and events services at Science Gallery London. The role will work closely with the Chef Patron and the wider Science Gallery team to develop the hospitality services focusing on consistency, product offer, service level provision and team development.
- Working closely with the Hospitality & Events Manager and Chef Patron the role will be responsible for assisting with the management of hospitality services at Science Gallery London
- Event and Hospitality Hosts will be involved in all aspects of the hospitality service including basic food preparation, food service, room set up and other duties associated with the retail operations that may include till operation and barista coffee making. It is a hands-on role and the post holders will be involved with the preparation, delivery and layout of food and drink.
- The Food and Beverage Supervisor will be involved in all of the aspects of the catering service including food preparation, food service, till operation and barista coffee making.
- We are looking to recruit two experienced Baristas and Catering Assistants. As a Barista and Catering Assistant you will be involved in all aspects of the catering service including making specialised coffees and teas, basic food preparation, food service, till operation, food hygiene.
- If you want to work in a friendly, fun environment where you are really valued for your contribution then we may have the job for you. As a catering assistant you will be involved in all aspects of the catering service including basic food preparation, food service, till operation, food hygiene.
KITCHEN PORTERS x 2
- The role will work closely with the kitchen team to ensure that high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times. The duties will be varied and include general day to day cleaning of the kitchens, food preparation areas and dish and pot washing. The role will assist the chefs with basic food preparation and be responsible for checking goods in and ensuring they are stored correctly.
Register your interest for:
- Once we open our doors in 2018, we will offer paid employment as Mediators, the positions will be part time to complement academic study and careers. Mediators will be within the gallery to chat to visitors about all sorts of topics sparked by our strange and wonderful exhibits, give guided tours of our exhibitions, and carry out experiments and demos!
- Register your interest now by emailing us at email@example.com.