Aged 15-25 and want to build your skills, experience and confidence in a unique cultural venue in the heart of London?
We are recruiting a group of Young Leaders who represent the incredible talent and diversity of our city, who will help us create a world where young people challenge research and culture to affect change.
Young Leaders meet regularly to shape ideas for future exhibitions and events at Science Gallery. They attend the most talked about exhibitions and events, develop professional networks, and receive mentoring and training.
The first cohort of Young Leaders have embedded the voice of young people from the opening of Science Gallery London in September 2018. From programming events to consulting with other young people, they’ve taken part in a variety of creative projects.
- Bella was the creative lead on the short film 'Uncertainty' (above)
- Mandeep developed and delivered a rap workshop for 50 young people from across the global Science Gallery network
- Dharyl interviewed Malcolm Fairbairn, Professor of Physics at King’s College London, as part of a DARK MATTER Friday Late
- Angela spoke about the importance of diversity in the arts at City Hall
- Richard applied his talents in photography and DJing to various Science Gallery events
- Stacie spoke at the first Science Gallery Youth Symposium in Dublin
- Laura proposed a film exploring women in science which is currently in post-production
- Elly consulted with the curator and local young people for a forthcoming season looking at themes of gender.
If you think you have what it takes to lead the way, apply to be a Young Leader!
Applications close on Monday 14 October.
August 27, 2019